I live in the shadows, that place between light and dark. I can live in obscurity without being in total darkness. I can move into the light but retreat when I become too exposed. It is the place that I feel most at home. Always wishing to be in the light, but only safe in the shadows.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Shadow Drifts 1


After my earlier post of a shadow in a snow drift, I found myself becoming increasingly fascinated with the combination of snow drifts (a new blog, perhaps) and shadows. I went for a drive the other day to "hunt" for snow drifts and wasn't disappointed. Unlike my first drift post, these drifts were hard packed and sculpted and provided me with some incredible shots.

I loved this picture because the drift provided a beautiful backdrop for the tiny stones laying on it, each accompanied by its own little shadow.

No comments:

Post a Comment